View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 05:23 AM   #92
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

We had moules et frites in Belgo Centraal.
Nowhere near as good as I remember
I didn't say so to Mum, who was totally charmed by it.
It's an underground Belgian restaurant just off Covent Garden. Literally underground as in a basement location, not a pocket of Resistance fighters who haven't realised Germany lost.

Express Lunch is £7.50 and includes a wine, beer or soft drink.
I found the mussels flabby and the frites woody. Still, like I said, Mum found it all very new and exciting and wants to take Dad there.

After lunch, off to my cut-price-hairdresser for both of us. Again, Mum loved it. It#'s a no-frills service, but she was very happy with the cut, and with the number of different cutting tools used. Her home hairdresser - the one who butchered my locks - seems to have a single pair of scissors. The lady who did it yesterday used about 5.

Pic - Mum at Belgo (they'd already taken away our mussel shells, I was too slow) and then after her haircut - see next post. No, there isn't much difference, but then Mum says I'm flamboyant enough for both of us. Just as an aside - I had three people come up to compliment me on my hair - one being our train driver, who stepped out of his cab to tell me so. And one of the ladies on the London Tour loved my false eyelashes. She was American. One man walked backwards along Haymarket just to get a good look at me. I am fabulous, it's true.
Attached Images