View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #62
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

so....

today was Saturday. On Saturdays, we split the shift.....that means one of us goes in at 8:30 Am, and one of us comes in at 11 AM. Today, it was M's day to come in late. the understanding is that the late guy will then stay late for that innevitable last lingering deal....

backdrop: this week's schedule: I worked monday 9a to 10p, took the late deal because i was off Tues, and M had to be in at 9 am. I was off tues, M worked......had a rough day, was there till 11pm, and whined about it all day Weds. We both worked Weds......i filled in for the sick guy, and then once all the deals were made, I took deliveries, and was there till 10:40 (last one out, because M was still crying about how tired he was, and I had just had a day off) Thurs, we both worked 9 a to 10PM...last day of the month. Friday, he's off, I work 9a to 7:30. then I have to be there at 8:30.

here's the rub.

at the end of the day, 6pm..... we had just got thru a mini rush...and i am recapping the 3 deals i just did.....M goes up front to see what is left.

he comes back with a deal in hand, and says...."Barry has a deal.....and Bruce is working one. Do you want to take this one, and go, or wait to see if Bruce makes his....and maybe get stuck doing that one?"

I get the vibe that he wants me to take Barry's deal, so I say....I'll roll the dice with bruce. (if he doesnt close his, I'm out right then) ....M seems dissapointed, so...I drop what I'm doing and go up front to see what Bruce has for myself.

Literally 3 minutes later, Bruce's people are gone....and I know he was trying to fuck me into staying with the last deal. I mention this to the sales manager, John.

John's eyebrows go up. he says....' I just told M that bruce had no deal...and even if he did make it, it was going to be on a car we would have to bring in, so there would be no finance stuff to do today"

cocksucker

i want to key his car
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote