View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #1780
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
yes. and I haven't gotten sick from it yet. I've just reached my third anniversary in this job and I've never taken a day off sick or gone to work sick when I've should have stayed home.

What was your point again?
I used to be a cashier and handled cootie-laden money day after day. It was never an issue. The only time I got sick when I was at that job was when I took a long train trip and ended up with pneumonia.

Having someone else's illness become your illness doesn't happen every day, but it can and it does. I'm just not willing to put myself at unnecessary risk given the deadliness of the current flu situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I think pens used by many or in many locations -especially doctors pens- are probably also a source of nasties, and I'm more concerned about the latter because they are more likely to carry the kind of nasty you don't meet in every day life and build up natural immunity to. But I don't wipe those either, I just use my own. And chastise the doctor if they sanitize their hands then pick up the pen, then do examination.
See? You take precautions, too!
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote