View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 11:20 AM   #67
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
It's ahrd to say, not knowing the littlev, and alos hrd to say after a couple of vicodin, (No, V, bTW I don't mix them w/ the booze as per your other comment hwich I cna't find now)

Back to my tangent. The idea of homeschooling has merit esp. when a child has a different trajectory of learning and interst than the rest of the class. (or his brainiac dad )

Sometimes regime changes come about without the need for a bloody coup when an outside influence displaces the habits that are entrenched.

I know that whenever I am trying to get on the "good foot" if I have to travel or somethinng breaks up my nascent routine, it is usually lost. Such as an excercise regimen for example. perhaps using the same principle you may be able to change mini v's paradigm.

Let's say you were able to go on a two week camping trip, backpacking. you want it, you carry it. after a few miles of hiking, the gameboy is left behind. esp. when the batteries die. (maybe you 'help them' die early)

while hiking/camping you can help trun his attention to the natural world, maybe finding something he is intersted in, maybe some early gary snyder poems. perhaps you copuld explain the fibonacci series and it's expression in all things natural. see how many examples of it you can both find, etc. and before you know it he is seeing math in real life. he may never be great at it, but you may plant a seed.

two weeks is a good amount of cold turkey time. when you and he return you find all the tvs are gone (mrs. V helps) and the only one remaining is in an uncomfortable room and is only set up for video conferencing with medium V. You'll save a lot on cable tv and that can be used for pizza.

jsut one scenario, and it seems to make more sense than a squirrel nutkin alter ego.