View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #221
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

foot-I'm not as smrt as you but I have found trouble with my 'niche', too. i can't find it.

I used to want to write-but University and Time have ---- well, let's just say the momentum passed. Besides, I could write when I was young and didn't know that I couldn't write-if you know what I mean. The self-conscious bit of growing up and being judged. Cherry, Dana and Clod and UT-they can all write each with different talents of writing style. That's just to name of few of the people on this board who can write well.

Intelligence has nothing to do with success or happiness ( I believe Lisa Simpson has a chart that shows as intelligence goes UP, happiness goes DOWN ) or job satisfaction.

I've known oncologists who HATE their jobs and just wish everyone would go away.
My younger son works as an entertainer-he, in fact, works for a circus. HE LOVES IT. He got a scholarship-went thru school hating every minute and then found that he really loves to perform. Not only that, the 'woman' (I would say 'girl') he is dating turned from bartending to stripping. So now he's a magician who is dating a stripper. I'm so proud.

I guess what all this rambling on is my way of trying to reassure you that it is OK to be where you are right now. My BIL has two master's degrees (one in economics) and he didn't pay his taxes a few years back leaving them 11,000 in debt to the IRS. And HE was a scholarship boy to Oberlin.

SMRT means nothing. Happiness is all. Find what makes you happy. It can be ellusive, but you still must try.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote