View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 02:38 PM   #107
glatt

5/29/16 part V

So the evaporator motor I bought on Ebay for like $20 is nice and round. No mounting bracket. But it has a rubber bushing mount. I figured that if I took advantage of this when I mount it to the saw, it will reduce vibrations just a little.
Name:  IMG_4786.JPG
Views: 317
Size:  97.6 KB

So I measured the diameter of the rubber mount, and divided it in half to get the radius. Set a compass to that distance and drew some semicircles on the edge of a board. I cut them out with a coping saw. I sure would be nice to have a band saw for this. It would have been a lot easier to cut and better quality.
Name:  IMG_4785.JPG
Views: 283
Size:  105.2 KB

I cleaned up my sloppy cuts with my home made sander in the drill press.
Name:  IMG_4787.JPG
Views: 294
Size:  109.2 KB

And I screwed together a motor mounting bracket. I tested the fit in the motor location on the frame. It looks good here. I’ll need to clamp the motor down in the bracket. I’ll probably use steel baling wire attached to a couple screws on each end of the bracket, and twisted to snug it down tightly against the rubber bushings.
Name:  IMG_4788.JPG
Views: 321
Size:  108.8 KB

Not shown: I made a couple of large wooden washers to go on the shaft behind the lower wheel to keep it from rubbing against the frame.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote