View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 11:04 AM   #701
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
First women enlist to join Navy special operations teams

Two women have become the first females to enlist as candidates to join the Navy's special operations teams, CNN reported Saturday. ...

... Only men were previously allowed to serve in combat roles in the U.S. military. But the positions were opened up to women in January 2016.

But since then, no females have applied to join special operations forces, CNN reported.
Eight classes of SEALS and seven SWCC class have graduated since March 2016. All of them have been made up entirely of men.
[BOLD MINE]

Ha!

They typically want candidates who already have at least one term of service under their belts, those well oriented to the military, for placement in spec ops units. They waiver the time in service requirement and make it an enlistment option when they have to fill quotas. That usually happens when they're critically short on spec ops personnel. They seem; however, to be graduating full classes ... except they're all men.

Makes me wonder if they're taking people right off the street for spec ops training, hoping to snag some females, just to be politically correct. There's a reason women already in the military aren't volunteering to be trained for those assignments. It'll be interesting to see if this plays out as anything more than a dog and pony show.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote