Thread: Georgism
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 01:48 AM   #64
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Quote:
AdanSmith said:
read it and weep...
      First off, thanks Adan, now I can read your viewpoint and judge for myself. As opposed to someone else's take on it. I appreciate it. I did find it interesting that you chose to be a jackass in presenting it. Especially since I was asking for your side of the story. Oh well.
      So anyway, I'm reading from the link and start getting nervous as soon as I'm being told about morality. Then I get this.
Quote:
Rather, because land-titles are generally used as a means of assuming exclusive possession of land without adhering to John Locke's proviso,
So I follow the link to learn about Locke's proviso. and I get this.
Quote:
God made of the world to Adam, and to Noah and his sons, it is very clear that God, as King David says (Psalm 115. 16), "has given the earth to the children of men,"
      Now we're at an impasse. You see, I'm not a christian, I don't give a rat's ass about God, what he did, or his will.
      I also find it interesting you invoke god and Ayn Rand together given her views on religion. Did anyone actually read any of her stuff other than the portion that sounded supportive of your veiwpoint?
      Anyway, I didn't weep, but I did roll my eyes a bit.

Now on to the current thread.
Quote:
From JanLocke:
which wouldn't be fair right? infact it would be fraudulent!
      Riiiiight, 'cause we know people are always fair... Two things, UT's example is valid legally, though I admit it isn't fair and even if it was legally fraud the people with the cash and power won't get prosecuted.
      So, we have a second impasse. Even if I believed in the ideals, it still doesn't wash with reality. I'm more interested in what is real than what is fair in some imagined Utopia. So, I'll stay here, in the real world. Have fun with your moral superiority.