View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 02:51 PM   #12
it
Banned

Almost all candy and sweets or junk food or anything that wasn't my mom's idea of health-foods... The main result was developing the instinct that whenever I did get an opportunity to enjoy those those things at friend's houses or parties or whatnot, I'd go at them because who knows when I'll ever get the opportunity again... Not sure that habit ever quite left me.

Cola... Kind of. My mom wouldn't allow it in the house except she loved it her self and she knew I liked it, so whenever she'd succumbed to it's glorious chemical temptation and I was around she'd get me one too.

Watching movies with rating more then my age, which my mother to this day believes they are rated by a team of certified child psychologists, but my father shared me love for horror flicks and we'd watch them together whenever they were on anyway.

For awhile between 12yo and 14yo - MMORPGs. I would sneak into my dad's office (Where we had an internet connection earlier on) and get lost in them completely for nights at a time. Both my parents would get worried and then get me off the credit card. The ones that I remember from those days were Ultima Online & Dark age of Camelot. Out of the above, this is probably the only one where I'd now react the same as them as a parent and get worried in that situation, but perhaps not finding the answer in a complete cut-off.
it is offline   Reply With Quote