View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 08:33 AM   #3
Snakeadelic
Banned

Old, entrenched cultural customs are hard to change. This is the same country (though I'm not sure if it's the same part of the country) that riles up animal activists with a festival during which horses are ridden through bonfires. "O noes, da poor terrified ponies!" the activists go off every year...without checking the photos! The horses go through the fire in a single stride, not long enough for manes, tails, or clothing to catch fire. And in 90% of the pics I've ever seen by just googling "horse ridden through fire" or something similar, the horses' ears are up, not pinned back, and they don't have fear-sweat flying off or wicked nasty bridles or anything like that. It is truly sad to know in our hearts that they probably have battery farming for eggs just like we do, but in a world rife with the endangerment and extinction of "more charismatic" animals, this might be a tough one to get people going on.

Personally I am NOT a fan of any festival in any country including my own that deliberately wastes food in massive amounts when we as a world are running out of clean water and arable land! That one in India where they throw colored powder all over the place for a day, now that looks like fun to me.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote