View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #100
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux View Post
But its OK for George Will to write in an editorial "with such surety" that "the administration and its allies, without being candid about what is afoot, are trying to put the nation on a glide path to a "single-payer" — entirely government-run — system."

Hell, you should be holding George Will to a higher standard than you hold me....he has a lot more followers who believe his every word.

There is no proposal on the table to push workers in an employer-based plan to a Medicare-type government-run system!!

Damn...what part of that dont you and classic get?
I think the part you don't get is that the model that Obama and the Dems are using as a change for our current insurance is based on models from the UK, France, Germany, and Japan. Under these programs all government administered health insurance programs, which are privately operated, are not for profit. As I stated the devil will be in the details and at this point we don't know them all yet. But to date what is being proposed will not work on a open market for profit model, a mainstay of our system, unlike all the others that the current admin and dems are proposing. So you really cannot say that this point that "there is no proposal on the table to push workers in an employer-based plan to a Medicare-type government-run system" when in fact that may be the eventual result. You may not say it is planned. I don't see it working any other way.