View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 12:51 PM   #151
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
The problem is that religious nuts around the world have exported everything that is beautiful about a
human being to the other world. If you talk of love, they speak of divine love. If you talk of bliss, they
speak of divine bliss. If you talk of peace, they speak of divine peace. We have forgotten that these are all
human qualities. A human being is fully capable of joy, of love, of peace. Why do you want to export
these to heaven?
There is so much talk of God and heaven mainly because human beings have not realized the immensity
of being human. It is obvious that the very source of life is throbbing within you in some way. The source
of your life is also the source of every other life and the source of all creation. This dimension of
intelligence or consciousness exists in every one of us. The deliverance of every human being lies in
finding access to this deathless dimension.
To be joyful and peaceful within yourself every moment of your life, to be able to perceive life beyond
its physical limitations—these are not superhuman qualities. These are human possibilities.
Yoga is not about being superhuman; it is about realizing that being human is super.

here's an overlap of Tolle's thing. He's promoting the present moment awareness and quiet mind as an access point to the same goal. I guess they all are trying to help us see the same thing, but each have differing ways of illuminating the same truth. I never paid any attention to Yoga. Not this actual Yoga. I pay attention to fit women in tight pink outfits with their asses up in the air whenever I see it. But Spiritual Yoga was an abstract. Still is really. I'm interested now though. I know for sure that my physical body is out of tune/alignment. I think my mind and energy are more in tune, but still lacking.

It's gonna get weird in here.

weeee!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote