View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 08:23 AM   #48
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Noah

The story line wasn't real biblical which I expected... actually hoped. The special effects were good, but that's to be expected in the age of CGI. At 2:18 run time, it was too long... way too long.

Doesn't sound that bad, you say... what's the problem, you ask?

Glad you asked, Russell Fucking Crowe! That cocksucker has never enunciated a word in his life. I couldn't understand one word he was saying for 2 hours and 18 minutes. OK, I don't hear well, but in a theater with good sound, and new hearing aids, I should be able to get some of it. MY partner in crime said she could get about half of his mumblings.

Now this is a dark, moody, sort of noir feeling movie and the conversations hardly light and bubbly. so some low talking is expected.
BUT, we were mumbling along when Crowe, in a wet cave with the same mood, has a conversation with Anthony Hopkins. Both speaking at the same level, in the same tone, but I could understand every fucking word from Hopkins.

Ok, Hopkins is classically trained, and an exceptional actor, but I could understand most of what the other actors were saying. No, it's Crowe, he sucks.