Thread: BTN
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #14
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
really? it doesn't get on your nerves to be cheerful and wish everyone a 'happy' and the isolation of the snowbound streets and the chimney boys going 'weep, weep, weep' and the icicles that can be used as the perfect weapon just hanging about for anyone to take and the FUCKING HEATING BILLS and did I mention loneliness of feeling trapped with nowt but laundry to do and bills you can't pay b/c you equate love with material things due to poor bringing up and you just saw the saddest movie on the planet yesterday and you know one day you'll die?

ach. What's wrong here? I'm even starting to miss my ex--husband and wishing I had him still so at least there would be somebody...oh gawd. Maudlin Alert.

I'm done now. I'll get better here soon enough. *sobz*
That doesn't sound fun, I grant you :P

The having to be cheerful thing doesn't affect me so much. I spent New Years eve alone with Carrot chops. It was great. We were abed by 11pm. All warm and snug and with something groovy to watch on the laptop.

Sure, the next day i had to say Happy New Year to a few peeps when I saw one of the regulars on Carrot's walk. But it's all very low key.

Them: hallo, you well?
Me: oh aye, fair to middlin, how bout you, have a good new year?
Them: oh yes, it was lovely, you?
Me: Quiet, how I like it
Both: *chuckle*

That is the absolute extent of my new Year cheeriness.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote