View Single Post
Old 03-16-2003, 11:19 PM   #51
ChrisD
Poker Pariah

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar
My question to you is, "How can you use the fact that inspectors didn't find weapons as evidence that he's hiding them?" It would be like me asking you for a million dollars and then accusing you of hiding it when you couldn't give it to me.
If I had a million dollars that I stole from a bank, 2 months ago, and didn't spend it, didn't give it away, didn't destroy it, wouldn't you be right in accusing me of hiding it?

Quote:
He could boil a million babies in oil on television and skin their mother's alive and we still wouldn't be justified in sending our military.
You are well informed, well spoken for, perhaps somewhat abrasive to those who disagree. However, I can see here that we pretty much simply have a difference in fundamental opinion. I believe that as a world community we should attempt to work with each other to make the entire world a better place, perhaps calling on the help of our neighbors when the time comes that we might need it, obviously only taking preemptive action in times of intense duress, where (what I percieve as) basic human rights to life, freedom from oppression, generic-catch-phrase-rights, etc, are infringed or otherwise denied. You believe that each nations right to behave as they wish is a culturally relativistic perrogative, provided they don't step on anyone else's toes, and that we wouldn't have the problems (in fact, much of the world wouldn't have the problems they do) if nations wouldn't muck in other's business.

While I respect your opinion, I have to simply respectfully disagree. A couple of thought questions for you:

ChrisDbekistan invades Canada, Canada asks for our military and economic help. Do we help?

ChrisDbekistan decides to murder/genocide 3 million Canadian residents/militia in a bloody civil war. The only world power capable of checking ChrisDbekistans power is the USA. Do we do something?

ChrisDbekistan decides to murder/genocide 3 million Canadian civilians in a large prision camp. The only world power capable of checking ChrisDbekistans power is the USA. Do we do something?

ChrisDbekistan decides to murder all American citizens (tourists, government diplomats, native born americans) - all 30 of them. Do we do something?

I'd just be interested in hearing your response, your purely isolationist viewpoints are unique.
ChrisD is offline   Reply With Quote