View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 11:32 AM   #17
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
I sat with family in attorney's office considering a malpractice case but the attorneys said one has to be about dead or lost legs or or or.... the loved one in family only lost her hearing, sudden hearing loss...that's all..
I think you maybe should have tried a different lawyer

Unless what they actually said was that the chances of successfully proving malpractice was low or that the likely compensation award would be too low to warrant their costs - in which case that is a whole other problem and nothing to do with whether or not modern medicine is so beyond saving that we need to seek help from magical memory water or whatever the current thing is

Sorry - that was a tad cranky - this was what I actually wanted to comment on:

Quote:
How do I show my work, so to speak????Please tell me...you want me to do a youtube on my life, not gonna happen. That would be a HUGE video, 82 yrs of life.
No - if you make an assertion that 'mainstream' medicine or media are lying about death rates from Covid - that is an extraordinary claim and as such requires proof.

If you make an assertion that X treatment is harmful and Y treatment more effective - then that requires some (appropriate) data to back it up

Nobody is asking for 82 years of life history and experience to corroborate extraordinary claims: because a) that would be ridiculous and b) it would not be sufficient: anecdotal evidence has its place in discussion but in no way stands for evidence.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote