View Single Post
Old 09-18-2001, 10:08 PM   #7
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Re: Now I remember the Titanic song from Howard!

WYSP here in Philadelphia has been playing a "remix" of "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed. I guess it's noble and all, but it's overfilled with news snippets. Not to mention, I don't think the song really fits the situation.

Joe Lieberman has been leading a mini-crusade against movies and television for a while now. Everyone has laughed at him, including me. Now someone bad happens, and they decide to start a form of what I consider to be censorship. I can understand that this situation is of an extremely sensitive nature to countless people. But a point was made by vsp--270 million...for that matter, 6 BILLION different reactions. We can't please all the people all the time. If we are to resume "normal" lives again, then why try so hard to change things?

I was watching Access Hollywood tonight after getting home from the hospital (more on that later). I believe they mentioned that Blockbuster's stock has actually risen over the past 2 days. One of the more popular videos to rent--"Die Hard."

On a side note, they showed a preview for Spider Man when I went to see "J&SBSB" 2 weeks ago. I thought the web-spinning between the WTC towers was neat myself.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote