Thread: Camping
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 02:06 PM   #11
bbro
Insert witty comment here

ok, just to make sure everyone understands - No Friends. For anything. Why do you think I'm going in the woods alone? Or asking people on the internet instead of asking IRL people??

@glatt - I like that guy - I like putting everything in something - lol! Good to know about people. It just seems so weird to me

@Griff - Got good socks, need good boots. That's on the list to buy next year. Good idea on the moleskin, though. I can add that to my first aid kit, easily. The places I have picked out to start with have potable water nearby. They are off the hiking trails or off a road, so I am good there. I don't have to worry too much about that until I start back country camping.

@monster - the first park I am planning on staying in is right off civilization. Short walk to the store since all the parks here shut and lock the gates at a certain time. The other park is a bit more out in nowhere, but that's the one I will be driving up to, so I can cart more things. I think both are like $15 a night.

What do you guys think of a GPS device? That way, I can shut my phone off and preserve battery in case I need to call for anything. I need to get a portable charger for regular life, anyways, so I would just make sure to get one that can go camping, too.

Do campsites usually have wood if they have a fire pit or do you have to bring that in? I see notes not to take firewood OUT, so I assume they do?

Food is going to be interesting, to say the least. But there are LOADS of information about that out there. It'll be fun to see what I can put together.

Thanks for all the help!!

Last edited by bbro; 12-05-2017 at 02:14 PM.
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote