View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 07:50 AM   #1644
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Merc, best wishes to you and especially your wife and family. I feel a little relieved, to be honest, because it's like we can all breathe again, so I understand what you mean about wishing she had "gone earlier." I spent weeks dreading every single phone call I got, because each time I just knew that it was going to be The Call. Of course I miss her a lot, but I know it's a big relief for my dad, because he doesn't have to be at her side watching her suffer. I imagine it's much the same for your wife.

Shawnee, good luck for your grandma! My grandmother's aunt (my great grand aunt, I guess?) was moved to a home a few months ago because her Alzheimer's had gotten really bad. She kept leaving the house in the middle of the night claiming that there was a man outside waiting to take her back to Cuba. (She hasn't been in Cuba for at least 50 years.) Even after changing the locks, it was hard to keep her from wandering around. So it was in her best interest of her health and safety to move her. Hopefully your family is able to find a comfortable, safe place for your grandma.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote