View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #827
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

This is way beyond mild amusement, but what the heck...

So, at this festival I just went to, the Critical Incident Team had to do a vehicle rescue. Mostly the CIT do fire safety, search for stray kids, and look cool.

Anyway, two youngish blokes had sat in the back seat of a car at night to get out of the wind (presumably while they and ). Then they tried to get out. The doors wouldn't open. With the ignition off, the electric windows wouldn't work.

Shit. Trapped.

Three hours of various attempts passed, doubtless arguments and confusion. Eventually they admitted that they needed help.

Another two hours of banging on the windows passed before someone noticed them and asked what the problem was. The lads explained they were trapped and the doors were "jammed" or "broken". This person went of to the CIT and got a few blokes to come deal with it.

The senior firefighter grasped the situation, and opened the back door by operating the handle in the normal manner.

He managed to get through the explanation of how child safety locks work before leaving to go and have a fit of hysterical laughter.