View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 01:30 PM   #156
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Engineer
It's interesting that a bunch of people here ended up with nothing more interesting or intelligent to say than "you must not be getting laid", kind of a dissapointing end to what I had hoped would be a thought provoking conversation.
Eleven pages of posts and nothing in them is thought provoking for you? It must be hell.

It's IS interesting to note that you have nothing to say about your friend's quoting a deeply misogynistic character in a movie and stating he agrees with said quote. I guess because he's 'only' dissing on women it's ok. If he had said something similarly prejudicial, something along the lines of "all blacks are..." or "all muslims are..." he'd have a shit storm on his hands; but, because it's just little ol women, blast away.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum

Last edited by Trilby; 10-05-2006 at 01:38 PM.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote