View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 03:42 PM   #22
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

And freedom. We hate that too :P

My mum is in her late 70s and she would absolutely not be fazed by this place.

Age - is only a factor if you make it so.

- as for holistically minded: there's nothing wrong with that.

Forgive me for tromping in to a discussion that has already apparently run itself into the ground - but over the past couple of days i have seen a lot of allegations against the community because of your experience here, and that draws my attention.

- Your experience is your own - I cannot nor would I seek to tell you that you did not have a horrible experience when you came in here and posted your truth

But, your experience is not indicative of how any and every individual with your opinions would be treated in the Cellar.

Right now - there is a high to middling chance that a new person coming in and spreading what a large number of members consider to be dangerous misinformation will not be greeted with open arms and a willing spirit of discourse. Because right now, everybody has an immediate stake in the issue and tensions are simmering at every level of society.

We are and have always been a strong community at our core - though there are times when that falters for a spell. But we are not immune to the cultural powder keg a lot of people are currently living in.

Ordinarily, someone posting about fringe alternative medicines and the evils of Big Pharma would be met with a range of responses from gentle mockery, through savage commentary and genuine interest - and then the conversation would veer of into uncharted territory as everyone gets distracted by something shiny

We live in extraordinary and highly divided times.

It is very easy to push buttons in such an atmosphere.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote