View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 03:25 PM   #53
gen131
One size doesnt fit all

Quote:
Originally Posted by comphappy
I suppose proper slang would just kind of be an oxymoron.

I don't think there's anything wrong with an E-4 and an E-5 being friends with each other. As long as he can be my boss when he needs to be

and since everyone is assured of the truth that this was in no way a fluke and actually great success as far as testing goes.
picture courtesy of a fellow member of 3c0x1.net
Heh, proper slang, or perhaps slang-proper would be ebonics wouldnt it?

Professionally and Personally are two seperate things. Personally I think there is room for good friendship as long as when you walk into the work place it reamins outside, and you only carry in a good work relationship. A good friendship should never get in the way of professionality. Once you reach the NCO ranks you begin to see this more, and it becomes a balance act. This is hard thing in church environments, where regardless of rank from COL to Private, we are all equal in church or in fellowship. But in the work place it is put aside. I pulled my evaluation based off your personal opinion of the two E-5's which seemed to go above professionality. Friendship across ranks can sometimes cause an inadvertant sense of equality or ability to judge those of rank similar to your higher ranking friends. When I was an E-5 my best friend was (still me best friend) was a promotable 1st Lietenant in the Airforce, but we were kinda able to get away with it because we did not work together, and I am in the Army. Our friendship didnt get in the way of profession because we didnt work together.

--

Heh. I imagine it was a great success. With that much foam how could it NOT be a success? All you need is one spout in the middle of base, and if there is a fire on post just let her rip and you put the fire out and everyone has clean dishes!
gen131 is offline   Reply With Quote