View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #14
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

If it's something physiological that's causing it, or you suspect that it is, then you really need to go through reams of tests including ultra sounds, blood tests, urine, general health check etc.

Sometimes miscarriage is caused by the placenta attaching too close to the cervix. An exam after a miscarriage should reveal if this is the case. Your doctor will also be able to tell where the placenta is located in the uterus via ultra sound prior to miscarriage. Sometimes the placenta simply 'abrupts' - starts bleeding - which is to say that it is faulty in some way and your body will reject the fetus because it can't sustain it.

Bleeding during early pregnancy is extremely common. Moreso than I even realized when I recently had this issue myself. It is not always an indication that you're going to lose your baby, and it's very important to try and stay relaxed so that your body doesn't respond to the stress and really think something's wrong.

Ultimately, you really need to find yourself a health care professional who you can talk to. My suggestion would be a good midwife. I've found them to be much more informative than doctors.

It is important to remember that sometimes all the tests in the world wont be able to determine the causes of your miscarriages. Sometimes your body is just not quite ready and although that sounds harsh, it really is the truth.