Thread: DUI Poll
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 11:05 AM   #13
glatt

I drove a couple times in my early 20s when I might have had enough in my bloodstream to get a DUI. Whether it was luck, or a lack of actual impairment that kept me from being pulled over, I can't say. But I never drove when I considered myself to be drunk.

I was a passenger on two occasions when the driver was clearly drunk. I was drunk too, so my judgement was poor. The first time, everyone got home safely. The other time, the driver decided to take a shortcut across the soccer field at school. Nobody remembered that there was a 5 foot drop between soccer fields. A few people got some nasty bruises when we landed, and the field was left with a huge divot. His Bronco was able to drive away without any problem except for a slightly cracked windshield and some sod in the grill. That was the last time I ever rode in a car with a drunk driver.

I am much more responsible now (and for the last 15+ years.) I don't drive if I've had more than one drink. I also never get drunk anymore. Three drinks is about my maximum in an evening.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote