View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 11:54 AM   #5
iamthewalrus109
High Propagandist

Perhaps

If we do get hit again, depending on the nature of the attack, there's real potential for backlash, judging from what GW Bush is running on, namely 9/11 and protecting America. With people voting for the man simply out of fear and a "protect me daddy" mentality, it stands to reason that any major attack on American soil will evoke a strong reaction towards Bush and the Republicans, with a "I only voted for you to protect me" type of mind set there could be hell to pay. On the other hand, if the threat is iminent of a nuclear attack, all this may be void anyway. If we get nuked, even with a primative device or dirty bomb, all bets are off as far as democracy is concerned, at least in the area that's been hit, if not the entire country. FEMA and a entirely miltary government would take over, along similar lines to those that were exposed in the 1986-1992 Iran Contra investigations. The curious part about all this is the remarkable quiet of terrorists since 9/11. A few bomings here and there sure, but no major attacks, and obviously none here. It really begs the question, are these forces being neutralized or are they just biding their time?

- Walrus
iamthewalrus109 is offline   Reply With Quote