View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 09:18 AM   #20
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

On Monday, July 17, 2017, Senator John Kennedy <Senator_Kennedy@kennedy.senate.gov> wrote:

Dear Mr. Quirk:

Thank you for contacting me in support of repealing the Affordable Care Act, commonly known as “Obamacare.”**I am pleased to let you know that I share your view.

Obamacare was sold as something that would provide millions of uninsured Americans with access to affordable healthcare.**Unfortunately, Obamacare failed on those promises.**Americans were promised lower health insurance premiums.**In reality, premiums will increase by an average of 25 percent this year for the millions of Americans in the exchanges.**Americans were promised “if you like your plan you can keep it.”**What really happened is that 4.7 million Americans were kicked off their health care plans by Obamacare.**Americans were also promised more choice when purchasing health insurance,*but a large part of the country has only one insurer offering plans on the Obamacare exchanges.**That’s not choice.*

Americans deserve better.**I am focused on repealing Obamacare and replacing it with personalized, patient-centered health care that will be affordable.**Americans should not be forced to buy insurance they don’t like, don’t need, and cannot afford.**I’m working to make sure they won’t have to for much longer.

As you know, the House of Representatives passed the American Health Care Act on May 4.**Also, a draft Senate bill, the Better Care Reconciliation*Act, was released on June 22.**I am carefully studying it in its entirety to see how it would impact Louisianans.**As I am reviewing, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.**Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,

John Kennedy
United States Senator

#

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017, Henry Quirk <hquirk@gmail.com> wrote:

"I am pleased to let you know that I share your view."

If so, you'll work to repeal THEN replace and leave all this repeal and replace manure alone, yes?
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote