View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 01:54 AM   #67
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Sun Sparkz, all I can say is that you would have had to of been here. Most Americans find John Denver's music as contrived as his name (You DO know he changed his named from something like John Syndervonhammmer to John Denver, after he moved to Colorado, right?) He wrote "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" while lounging on the grounds of his palacial estate in Aspen - just about the most expensive, chi-chi place on the face of the earth. If you want to find a "country boy," you'll have better luck on the streets of L.A. than you would on the streets of Aspen. Someone (I forget who) did a parody of that song and called it "Thank God, I'm a Billionaire!" Regular Country-Western singers here in the States may sing songs about coon hounds and Mom and apple pie, but if they make it big, there's no pretense about that. They strut their stuff in all their glitter while talking about their humble roots. John Denver tried to still come off as a poor boy while raking in the cash hand over fist. The hypocrisy of this turned people off.
Are you serious? so he is a fabricated country pop star?

oh lord.

*spirals into dismay and disbelief*