View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 09:16 PM   #13
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
You're going to have to practice.
I can't help it, those things scare the crap outta me.

When the Mole Man would come by, I'd always go out there with him and carefully watch him select a spot and set traps. I asked a lot of questions. I paid close attention. But . . . those damned traps. My hands just aren't strong enough to ensure I don't snap off a finger or three.

Lemme tell you a story . . .

A few years after I moved here, I hired a small family business to trim some trees around my property. This little business consisted of a father (60-ish) that had been a professional logger all his life, and his two logger sons who also had experience climbing tall trees to trim nuisance limbs and branches.

This family team was incredible. Dad supervised, while eldest son climbed 50- to 150-foot trees, swinging from ropes to whack off branches. Younger son was on the ground keeping ropes straight and collecting/moving debris as it fell.

Thing was, though, dad had no fingers. He had two thumbs, but he had no fingers. Ok? This was a man that spent his entire life with a chainsaw in his hands . . . and he had no fingers.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I will never own a chainsaw. It is also why I will never become a professional Mole Lady.

Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote