View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #1416
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_winslow View Post
I think it's a dumb word too. I don't know what it means. Like you're trying to slide a diminutive hamburger by me, as if I won't notice that it's fucking tiny? I don't know. I don't have any sort of inherent problem with the concept of a tiny hamburger, I just prefer it to be honest about what it is so that I know to either laugh and go somewhere else or order like forty of the goddamn things so I don't leave hungry.

I like White Castle myself, but we don't have them around these parts at all, so they're a rare "treat" every couple of years when I get back to parts of the world where the Castle lurks. I fully admit that WC burgers are strange and horrible things, and the frozen ones from the grocery store are so bad that even I can't stomach them. But "fresh" from the Castle? Yeah, I can dig it. It's 3am and I want like eighty tiny weird cheeseburgers please. OK, that'll be $3. And then I go home and I am pleasantly full of tiny meats and regret for the evening. It goes back to what I was saying about sandwiches of grim determination in a previous post, but White Castle maintains a little bit of whimsy because hey, taking normal things and make them tiny? Recipe for comedy gold, right there. You get to feel good while feeling bad. And that's what life at the bottom of the tank is all about.
hahahaaha!

You know, if you get a square inch of processed cheese on those eighty tiny hamburgers, the price skyrockets to 17.50. Square inches of processed cheese ain't cheap, you know. Also, they're a mathematical oddity.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote