View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 11:43 PM   #10342
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

From Mum. She's referring to my fuck lymphoma card, which had an E-type Jag on the front, because that man does love his cars.

[abbreviated names for privacy]
Quote:
Spoke to D yesterday to make sure P was still at home and not back in hospital.
She was full of the ‘lovely card’ you sent P. Said it made them both laugh so much and cheered him up no end.
She asked me to thank you with all her heart.

He is depressed at present, no wonder. Not sure if I told you but the consultant has now confirmed it is Burkitt's Lymphoma *.
A very aggressive cancer.
He is to go into SMH early September for 5 nights to be put back on a chemo drip which will have something else added to aid that particular form of cancer.
He is still taking lots of tablets at home but the main treatment must take place under constant supervision. At least he will be local and D, and the family, will not have to go back and forth to Oxford to see him. I think the thought of going back into hospital has got to P as he was so bright when he came out. We visited them on the Sunday before our trip and he was great.
* my asterisk.
From here (MacMillan cancer charity link)
Quote:
BL is a fast-growing (aggressive) lymphoma and needs to be treated quickly. Intensive chemotherapy is the main treatment. This is usually given as an inpatient.
Given the amount of time he has already been suffering, I have a bad feeling about this.