View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 08:44 PM   #72
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
You're so ridiculous!! It's 2018 now, and here's what happened while you were sleeping:
Now read what was posted. All those things fully apply to everything I had posted. You are again ignoring facts. Comcast is not investing in its infrastructure - then or today - as your post demonstrates. They have congestion when it is convenient. And are forcing information providers (Netflix, Skype, Bittorrent) to pay for upgrades to Comcast's network. Upgrades that will only benefit each big company who pays for those upgrades and at the expense of (diminished service to) others.

So much for equal access to all. An innovative VoIP (or other) service that cannot afford to pay Comcast to upgrade Comcast's network means stifled innovation. And then Comcast can increase their campaign contributions to extremists who hate net neutrality.

Comcast did not upgrade their network. With the destruction of net neutrality, Comcast can get others to pay for special treatment - at the expense of others. A total violation of what the internet and data transporters are about.

We are now watching higher resolution video. But Comcast is still using the same cable to service 120 or 200 customers when standard data rates now demand each cable serve only 60 or 40. Since Comcast stopped investing in infrastructure (to buy NBC, build the three tallest skyscrapers, buy cell phone companies), then congestion is only in the last mile - Comcast. Congestion is not in the backbone where companies are innovative and not running to extremists to subvert net neutrality.

Please stop being so dumb. Since I to can just as easily insult your stupidity. UT - stop being a wacko extremist. Start reading what is actually posted - not what your emotions want you to read. This was not the UT I knew many decades ago.

Stop being an adult acting like a child. Stick to the topic. Stop posting demeaning comments like an emotional wacko extremist (or UG). Then I will stop talking about your poor reading abilities and clearly diminished intelligence.

After so many personally demeaning comments from you, I will either talk about your intelligence, or will respond accordingly when you post like a moderate (an honest person).

Meanwhile net neutrality is what made all equal on the internet. And why internet companies invest in their infrastructure. That made innovation possible. Destruction of net neutrality means big advantages for the few - like Brian Roberts whose $40 million per year corporate airplanes have become his personal vehicles. More money that is not going into infrastructure. Since Comcast no longer has serious competition due to destruction of net neutrality.

Last edited by tw; 09-06-2018 at 08:53 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote