View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 07:45 AM   #30
glatt

She kept saying that she did it to our nice car.

Our Prizm looks like crap at this point with peeling clear coat. I'd prefer that she practice with that car except it's manual transmission and she's only got about an hour of driving under her belt at this point. I'm afraid throwing manual transmission into the mix would make things that much more complicated.

So when I learned to drive, I got sent to a driving school and learned on their cars, and then after I got the basics down, my parents taught me how to drive a stick shift VW bus. In Virginia, they don't want you to go to driver's ed until after you have logged 100 hours with your parents. That seems really stupid. What if the parents teach bad habits during those hundred hours? And then there's also the issue that the parents don't have an extra brake pedal on the passenger's side of their car. Plus, I'd rather somebody else's car get fucked up when the student invariably makes mistakes.

I'm really pleased that this was such a minor incident, and that nobody got hurt, and the car is still in pretty good shape. It could have been so much worse. The tow truck driver was whooping and hollering when he pulled the car out and walked around to look at it and saw no damage. He was proud of himself.

So this is the damage. There was a chain link fence in those bushes and the fence scratched it up.
Name:  chain link fence damage.jpg
Views: 1758
Size:  70.0 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote