View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 08:41 AM   #120
Snakeadelic
Banned

Now here's my question: who, whether you've seen them before or not, would you pay the ticket price to go see in the future?

1. Weird Al. I've missed him by 2 weeks. Twice. Once he played the Western Washington State Fair right after I moved to Montana, and last year he played Portland square in between my July and August visits to the area.
2. Robin Trower. Always. I will never, ever forget standing in front of that giant speaker/amp stack feeling the bassline from "Too Rolling Stoned" walk up and down my sternum. I love that feeling.
3. Jeff Beck. He's on my Twitter because I WILL see him live if I can. If you're not familiar with him, find a copy of his latest album, 'Loud Hailer'. While you listen to it, keep in mind the guitarist you're hearing is 72 years old. He plays from a MUCH younger heart! If you think you've heard of him but can't remember where, it might be because when Jimmy Page left the Yardbirds in 1965 (yes, that says nineteen sixty-five) to found Led Zeppelin with Plant & Bonham, he recommended a young guitarist named Jeff Beck to take his place just as Page had replaced goddamn CLAPTON in the Yardbirds.
4. Ladysmith Black Mambazo
5. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
6. The Rev, of course.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote