Thread: Baltimore
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #16
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Firemen to the left of me, firemen to the right of me, oh, what a night. And the brother of the guy who runs the shindig here ... nice guy, retired NYFD.

If you happen to end up in Baltimore, Maryland, near Camden Yard, Pickles Pub is the place to be. Awesome food, nice wait staff. Had some fine beer ... something called Flying Dog ... well named, bit of a citrusy finish, very hoppy. Only non-see through beer was Guiness and the waitress recommended this stuff. Oh, and they do this burger basket called the Chesapeake ... they slap a ton of crab dip between your burger and the cheddar cheese, and sprinkle Old Bay over everything.

Baltimore is all about the Old Bay. Good stuff. And enough of the crab dip oozes out of the burger to swab it up with the fries.

Heaven.

Oh, and my teammate ordered fried pickles. I do not like pickles. I usually point at the pickle that is ubiquitous on the American Diner Plate and tell people that it is menacing me and must be dealt with harshly. Beer Batter Fried Pickles are proof that you can deep fry just about anything and make it taste good.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote