View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #226
regular.joe
Старый сержант

I am very saddened, even a bit angry that four men and women that I've known this year have died of alcoholism. They died, in part, because they partook in a therapy for alcoholism that at best has a 10% recovery rate. They participated in this therapy in a fellowship that allows membership to just about anyone; which I think is amazing and would never want to change. While rejecting the core tenants and most of the practices of the same recovery program that the fellowship they are a member of espouses to and in fact was created by. A program that at best has a 60% recovery rate. If this makes me the bad guy in this whole thing, then I will take that.

I don't have the mantle of alcoholism, I'm just another drunk. I do know the differences between the messages that can be talked around our amazing fellowship. I have over 20 years of experience watching the effectiveness or lack there of, of the various and sundry practices found around the AA fellowship. We are given absolute freedom within the confines of the Third Tradition, and the Program is suggested. So, please..please, go to meetings, talk about your problems, read the literature, bring into your consciousness, when you need to, how bad that last drunk was. I sincerely hope this works for you, and if it does I am very happy for you indeed.

Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature. - Marcus Aurelius.
regular.joe is offline   Reply With Quote