View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #140
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
mostly it's because we're all whores. the owners fear that if they close, and the guy down the street is open, he'll lose deals. which is probably true, but to be open on new years day is just sick.

what i meant about getting fucked is that on the rare occasion that we actually close....like thanksgiving and christmas.....we have to work our day off.

man.....now i'm all bitter.
Dude, I sooo remember that. We actually got all the owners on our street to agree to close on sundays. It was acknowledged that if one opened all would reopen. Each store was averaging 5/6 sales per sunday - not enough to make it worthwhile, but they were so stinking paranoid that the first two weeks they made a skeleton crew come in and just sit there while they watched the other dealerships on the street to see if they stayed closed. We just sat there and played cards with the doors closed and lights off. On the third week the Buick store's sales manager sent one of his guys after someone just window shopping. We were all reopened within an hour.