View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 10:09 AM   #819
glatt

Corrupt files!

I wanted to back up a 32GB memory card onto an external drive, and since it was likely to take a long time, I figured I would do it in the background here at work while doing other stuff. So I brought the memory card and reader into work.

Started the copy process, and a bunch of errors started popping up that files couldn't be read, and then when I went to go look at my files on the memory card, they weren't there. This was 4 months worth of pictures. 7000+ images (I think? I don't really know.)

So I flipped the switch on the side of the card to make it read only and downloaded a free recovery program (PhotoRec) and started running it. It seems to be working, but it's naming the recovered files in naming scheme I can't figure out, and they are all jumbled up in the recovery folder. So that's making me a tad apprehensive. Trying to reorganize 7000+ pictures may be a real chore. They seem to still have a time stamp on them, so I think I can sort them chronologically, but I'm not sure yet since the program is still recovering stuff and I don't want to play with the destination folders too much.

Last edited by glatt; 10-29-2015 at 10:15 AM.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote