View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 01:55 AM   #12
alphageek31337
Enemy Combatant/Evildoer

Information is not to be held responsible for the way it is used. I am simply conveying my experiences with an interesting (and perfectly legal) hobby. In the interest of not being a dick, though, I must point anyone whose interest has been piqued to The Vaults of Erowid, so that you can inform yourself, make an intelligent decision as to whether to use these drugs or not, and use them safely if you decide to do so.

Before I get raped to death I also want to add that, as a generality, I don't think 16 years old is an appropriate age of consent for drug use, especially psychedelics. These drugs aren't, generally, fun drugs in the sense that pot and alcohol are. They are not social drugs and there is no guarantee that you will have a good time. I've personally experienced a number of jerky perception shifts and what felt like absolute loss of self while on psychedelics and, while I feel I am better for it in the long run, it can be a very frightening and dangerous experience. The best answer is to inform yourself when dealing with the heavy responsibility of drug use.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

---Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by alphageek31337; 09-20-2004 at 02:02 AM.
alphageek31337 is offline   Reply With Quote