View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #31
SamIam

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
That is huge, Sam. It is amazing how fast you improve when you get into something regularly. Do you do anything else there? Any other machines? what facilities do they have? I get bored so easliy during exercise, that's why i chose this place -classes are free and drop in so i can chop and change, and there are various levels offered when one size doesn't fit all. i used to go with a friend to the Rec center and we'd do 30 minutes on the eliptical, 30 minutes row, 30 minutes circuit and then 30 playing badminton. that was great -we gossipped the whole time and i got so fit so fast ...but then she got a full time job.
Thanks, Monster! I plan to branch out to the other machines once I reach the 4mph mark on the machine I'm now using.

The rec center here is very nice - I'm amazed such a small town as the one I live in came up with all the money for it. I'd guess that there were around 10 different kinds of machines - don't know what they're called yet. Back in the day, I always joined the local Y where ever I was and swam 4 or 5 times a week. Never did the machines, since I was doing hiking and cross country with my then husband.

They also offer lots of classes - everything from yoga to aerobics to Zumba to Silver Sneakers (for people much older than me ). The pool is wonderful. And best of all, its only $20.00/month!

Oh, and the other thing about the rec center is that a lot of silver foxes hang out there. I watch them working out while I walk along on my little machine. Nice!

Last edited by SamIam; 02-18-2012 at 08:33 AM.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote