View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 04:26 PM   #57
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
I knew those liberals were going to pass pitch fork registration and seziure sooner or later. They did pass anti-pitch fork attachment legislation for my rifle once already, so I am really not surprised they would try to take them away eventually. Thank God I have more than one.
So you believe you have the right to your pitchfork. You probably justify this opinion with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Constitution of the United States of America
Amendment II (1791)
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
I agree that this one is important, but why would you believe that warrantless searches are ok? Isn't that covered in the same document:
Quote:
Amendment IV (1791)
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
How can you say the first one is worthy and this one's not?! Who are you to decide which parts of the Constitution are worthy of respect and obedience and which are not?

I have another news flash for you. You can't delegate it away from me either. Just because *you* wish to surrender your rights, doesn't mean you surrender *my* rights. Here's why:
Quote:
Amendment IX (1791)
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
Amendment X (1791)
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mercenary
I don't buy that hype. It is not unchecked.
What part of warrantless searches do you not understand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mercenary
I don't think that I or our system have anything to worry about.
You've identified the root cause of the problem.