View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 02:15 PM   #20
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
That'll change.

Not whether you'll want kids, you may or may not. Lots of people don't. But "if at any point" in the future you do want kids, I promise on a stack of Bibles that the kids you will want will be your own. The whole biological impulse is around the fact that they're yours. If you have the impulse, you have the whole impulse, not just an intellectualized morally superior version of the impulse.
Why not?

Perhaps she doesn't want to give birth, or carry a child.

Perhaps she can't give birth, or get pregnant, or carry a child.

There has to be more reasons to have that 'version of the impulse' than I could even come up with, being a guy and all.

Maybe she's a guy. If she doesn't have the gear to produce children, is her impulse still an "intellectualized, morally superior version of the impulse"?

Maybe she's adopted, and wants to pay it forward, so to speak.

My aunt, who was adopted, couldn't have children, and would love to have had her own, but, she has fostered literally dozens of children. She didn't adopt any of them, but all but six chose to stay with her through adulthood. And they still treat her like their mother.

There has to be many, many reasons for one to have that "intellectualized morally superior version of the impulse".

Has to be.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 03-23-2017 at 02:22 PM.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote