Thread: Cellar Dreamin'
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 10:01 AM   #6
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I never have.

Until last night. Sort of. (You probably made me do it by starting this thread.)

Background: I'm in sunny Savannah, GA (approx. 40 degrees warmer than Philadelphia) at a conference. My flight was uneventful, but painful in that my ears never popped when we landed. I don't sleep fabulously well in hotels in the best of circumstances and last night was fitful.. by the time I woke up I had a massive headache and lots of congestion. (I have now drugged myself courtesy of the hotel gift shop and I'm optimistic that I will feel up to attending the opening lecture at 1PM.)

So anyway... in my dream.. I am at wolf's office, where I apparently also work. (Wolf herself never makes an appearance.) I am a bit hungry, and I notice there is a box full of yummy donuts, so I decide to have one. Then I notice that a pot of coffee has just started to brew, so I decide to wait for the coffee to finish so I can have a cup and a donut together. While I'm waiting, I head back to my office, which bears a suspicious resemblance to the guest bedroom at my parents' house. My (and wolf's) boss comes in and starts criticizing me for the number of maps I have. As he says this, I suddenly realize that the bed, nightstand, and dresser are just covered in road maps, topographical maps, etc. etc.

I then realize that the coffee is probably ready so the boss and I go back to the other room to pour ourselves some coffee. As I drink the coffee, I start thinking that since I've visited Undertoad's office and had coffee there [never really happened], and also at richlevy's [also never really happened], I should make it a goal to have a cup of coffee at the workplaces of as many Dwellars as possible.

No offense, Elspode, but if I'm going to be this suggestible, why can't you suggest a more "interesting" dream? (I think you know what I'm talking about.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote