Thread: Terrier Breeds
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #93
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Sometimes Frank and Trixie get a little too close to the road while they do potty biz, or fuck up some way like wandering too far in the woods, etc. I have a designated "puppy swatter" that I use to enforce commands. I rarely touch them with it and when I do I lightly 'spank'". When they screw up I yell at them and start toward them with the puppy swatter. Trixie disappears like a ghost. No way to get near her at that time. The times I have tapped her with the swatter she screamed as if I were killing her. Took hours for her to stop sulking.
Frank, (JRT) on the other hand... you go at him and he just sits there..staring in your eyes and waiting. You can spank him all you want and he'll never make any effort to run away or never utter a whimper. When your done, and he's damn ready he does what you want. Acts as if you never even talked to him, like he doesn't recall any of it.
If he's lying next to you in bed or on the sofa, when you need to get up and he's in your way you can tell him to move all day and he ignores you. You have to physically pick him up and move him. Trixie jumps out of the way every time you flinch.
What a pair. I love 'em.