Thread: Terrier Breeds
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #99
sugarpop
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterb View Post
This goat roping started out at $77 bucks and ended at $93.
Anyway I don't like, changed the whole character of dog.
Before and after.
WOW. They really butchered him. Was he supposed to be naked like that, or just clipped?

My mom and sister used to take their dogs (a chow and a silky) to Petsmart to be groomed. The last time they took them, they both came out naked like that. I told them I would have refused to pay, because it is CLEARLY not what they ordered. And as I said, the overcoat on the chow still hasn't grown back, to this day. She just has the wooly undercoat on one side.

I adopted a husky over the weekend, and you can bet she won't be getting trimmed. The coat helps keep them cool as much as it keeps them warm. I think I want to learn how to groom her and do it myself. Some groomers are just too unpredictable.

She went in today to be spayed, and when they opened her up they found an abcess in the bellybutton area, so they removed it and she is on antibiotics for 10 days. She is so damn sweet though, and SMART! She smart as hell, and stubborn too. HA! Reminds me of me.

*edit to add* shaving a dog down to the skin also makes them vulnerable to sunburn.

Last edited by sugarpop; 07-02-2009 at 03:50 PM.
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote