View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 10:17 AM   #25
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Well - I struggled through the less interesting stuff - honestly, it was like homework - but am really glad I did, because the inhuman storyline turned into something genuinely interesting.

Spoilers below for anyone not uptodate:

The series took a definite upswing for me when they sent Simmons off to another world and then had Fitz rescue her and bring her back - in particular, the Ward transformation has been really great.

i think it probably helped that I fell off it again for a while, so when I did return I was about 6 eps behind and bingewatching really helped with the immersion - also, when bingewatching, it doesn't matter as much if an episodedoesn't quite hit - because there isn't a week's wait to see if the next is any good.

Mostly though, I think the inhumans became a whole heap more interesting when they were less about Skye/Daisy's weird family, and a bunch of special people living in a retreat and more about an ancient and powerful evil plotting world domination.

Can't get enough of evil Hydra-Ward - the actor totally nailed it. Really fucking creepy and genuinely unnerving. Also makes the idea of the organisation, Hydra, make a lot more sense.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote