View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 06:19 PM   #16
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
The latter. It's doing nothing at all.
Which includes that it's barely even a case of "behave others".
Quote:
I can't remember when I last witnessed a specific incident. (After 9th grade.)
I have never seen a colleague play grabass with an unwilling secretary, or chase her around the desk cartoon-style, a la some sort of mid-60s sitcom.
That's good. If you did see that, would you prefer that everyone else just averted their eyes and let the colleague do that?
Quote:
Have you? What was it?
Like I said, I also don't recall such an incident.
Quote:
So, now, having witnessed that - dang should I have said something??
As described, it doesn't sound like harassment. It sounds like you've given some thought into what the ramifications of reporting it to HR would be.
Quote:
It would depend on why they would say it; but, if I pushed back and there was a bevy of yentas screaming that I was foul, and part of the non-niceness problem, is.. is that cool?

Level of difficulty of the question: the demand was that I do something nice. The bevy is doing something not nice.
My difficulty is in viewing a "do good things" posted out into the ether as an onerous demand on you in particular.

If I saw that someone had posted "pay it forward", I would appreciate the sentiment, but through inertia and laziness probably fail to actually do it. If instead, I had interpreted it as an unreasonable demand on my personal time, and complained to the poster that there are so many reasons NOT to pay it forward, I would expect that to be an unpopular position.

Now, I have no idea just how horrible the yenta apes were to you, so they may very well have gone too far, in which case it's for the best to disconnect as you did. But I also don't really get what you were going for with your initial reply to them.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote