View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 11:43 PM   #100
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I love my work. The pay barely covers my expenses, the commute, while pretty, is long enough to be tedious and expensive. I really like the people I work with. When I first composed and then lost this post, I didn't have the benefit of Griff's post.

I echo his point that he feels like he's doing good each day, I do too, that's a big psychic benefit for me. Just as working with people who aren't incompatible with me. I've had some doozies, you all have. With my other minimums met (barely, $ and travel time), I decided to say yes. It's worth it every day.

You know the cliche about finding a way to get paid for doing something you love and then you'll never have to work another day in your life. Ha ha. But there's some truth to it. Quality of life *matters*. You get to fucking define it, and change it, and change it again, if you wish.

Sure. Sometimes changes fucking define *you*. Ouch. But is absolutely possible. And absolutely worth it. Find out what's important. Go. Get. That. Jesus, that sounds trite, written out like that. My apologies. It's true, it's just dumb sounding out loud like that.