View Single Post
Old 06-25-2001, 11:25 PM   #5
kezdeth
Colorado Linux Geek

Now how do I fix this?

Of course, it's not always the users...<p>Came across a case today, this poor user's <b><i>fourth</i></b> call on the same issue!<p>This poor woman was just trying to log on to the internet, and every time she dialed in she got an authentication error. Should be no problem to fix, just make sure the user has the correct password, make sure the server is up, and if need be replace Client for Microsoft Networks. Easy fix, 5-7 minute call and the user runs away happy, right? HAH!<p>The first tech had her clear the browser cache, the second corrected her DNS info (we are changing servers, and have two active pair of servers atm,) and the third refered her to her modem manufacturer to have the modem replaced!<p>Is it any wonder she felt little confidence by the time she called me? The good news is she got connected, but now feels that 3 out of every four techs she calls will go wrong!<p> <p> <p>(By the way, this is meant to be wide open; if anyone reading these has any stories of their own to add, or just wants to comment, please feel free! The more, the merrier!)