View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 10:45 PM   #87
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
This is why I favour a system of benefits by right. You are not 'asking for help' in a good benefits system imo, you are accessing something to which you have a right. Much less humiliating.
that is bullshit. i have a right to go look for a job to get money, i don't have a right to be given money just because i don't have a job. the major disconnect here is that my view of life is that we were all created equal. meaning we all come in screaming and naked. the commonality ends there. what we do with our gifts and abilities should determine what we achieve/receive in life. yes, some people are born into money. too damn bad. quit worrying about what they have and focus on what you have. you have a level of intelligence and a work ethic. use them. get as far as you can in life, but don't bitch and moan because someone gets farther.

there are plenty of examples of people stepping out of poverty and achieving success - whatever that means to them. they achieved something because they thought something was a worthy goal and they did what it takes to achieve it.

if you want something bad enough to work for it, you can achieve it. if you can't it is because you didn't want it bad enough. end of story.